Modern World ® Freebies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern World ® Freebies

HomeArcadeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

wild turkey burst through the window

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

wild turkey burst through the window Empty
PostSubject: wild turkey burst through the window   wild turkey burst through the window Icon_minipostedNovember 11th 2007, 1:01 pm

November 27, 2006
Topics turkey, window, house, funny, feet, family, carpet, holidays, wild, huge, christmas, star, dogs, car and police
A wild turkey burst through the window at a home in Bloomington, and one family says its simply not funny.

Thanksgiving morning, the turkey smashed into the Cobbs' family dining room window, where Sandy says, "It's terrible. My house is a disaster!"

"Everybody thinks it's funny, but it's not. I just couldn't believe it was Thanksgiving and there was a live turkey in my house."

What's even more coincidental is that this was the second time such a thing has happened during the holidays.

According to the Minneapolis Star Tribune, the first turkey attack came on Christmas Day 2004, confirmed Bloomington police Sgt. Mike Roepke. Sandy and Bill Cobbs were at their daughter's home that day and the neighbors called after seeing a hole in the same dining room window about 16 feet above the ground.

This year, Sandy explains, "at first I thought my buffet fell over. It was so loud and kept crashing. I went in there and said, 'Not again. Not again.' He was huge - two or three feet tall."

"I ran out the door. I grabbed the car and started driving to find my husband. I found him and jumped out and said, 'I'll take the dogs. You go home. There's a turkey in the house.'"

The turkey ended up doing an estimated $10,000 in damage to the window, carpet, and dining room.
Back to top Go down

wild turkey burst through the window
Page 1 of 1