Modern World ® Freebies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern World ® Freebies

HomeArcadeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

painting techniques

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

painting techniques Empty
PostSubject: painting techniques   painting techniques Icon_minipostedDecember 26th 2007, 12:23 am

http://winshiprc.tripod.com/painting_techniques.htm

This page is still under construction and new text and pictures will be forthcoming.

Most of the airplanes that I have built in the last 28 years have been painted with Dope and/or acrylic lacquer. Film covering has its advantages but there is nothing any prettier in my opinion than a hand rubbed dope finish. This page will outline the procedures and materials that I have used in the past along with methods that other people have used.

The chart below doesn't cover all of the possibilities of compatibility but is a start. The only sure way to make sure that your products are compatible is to test them on a scrap part. One that isn't listed on the chart is Nitrate and Butyrate dope. Butyrate will go over Nitrate but Nitrate will not go over Butyrate. I have been told that Nitrate is not fuel proof but have never tested this.
Back to top Go down

painting techniques
Page 1 of 1