Modern World ® Freebies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern World ® Freebies

HomeArcadeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to use distelled vinegar in your laundry

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

How to use distelled vinegar in your laundry Empty
PostSubject: How to use distelled vinegar in your laundry   How to use distelled vinegar in your laundry Icon_minipostedJanuary 12th 2008, 2:49 am

How To Use Distilled Vinegar in Your Laundry

Some people have asked about the quantity of Distilled Vinegar to use when doing laundry.
I use 1/4 cup per load.
The distilled vinegar does not go in your laundry detergent. You treat it just like fabric softener.
When I do laundry I put it in the fabric softener cup of my washer.

I hope this answers any question you had, and please continue to leave comments. You never know if your question will help someone else out.

If you want to check out my "How To" for making your own laundry detergent
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

How to use distelled vinegar in your laundry Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to use distelled vinegar in your laundry   How to use distelled vinegar in your laundry Icon_minipostedJanuary 12th 2008, 2:51 am

According to Erin Huffstetler from Frugal Living there is another use for the Distilled White Vinegar in the Laundry Room. One cup of Distilled White Vinegar used in the rinse cycle of your laundry will:

• whiten your whites
  • brighten your colors
  • eliminate static-cling
  • remove lint
  • prevent the dye in new clothing from running
  • kill any bacteria present in your laundry
  • remove soap residue from fabric and your machine
  • soften your laundry, without the use of fabric softeners
  • neutralize any odors
The acetic acid in vinegar acts as a solvent and disinfectant--just what you need to fight your toughest laundry challenges.

With having young children in my household, I would much prefer to keep a gallon of Vinegar around instead of Bleach. Plus it is better for the Earth.
Back to top Go down

How to use distelled vinegar in your laundry
Page 1 of 1