Modern World ® Freebies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modern World ® Freebies

HomeArcadeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

i live about 20 min. from here. the traffic was bbbbaaaddddd

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

i live about 20 min. from here. the traffic was bbbbaaaddddd Empty
PostSubject: i live about 20 min. from here. the traffic was bbbbaaaddddd   i live about 20 min. from here. the traffic was bbbbaaaddddd Icon_minipostedJanuary 2nd 2008, 7:07 pm

Hockey History in Orchard Park

YouNewsTV™Story Published: Jan 1, 2008 at 8:19 PM EST

Story Updated: Jan 2, 2008 at 12:19 AM EST
By Melanie Pritchard
Watch the story Fire and ice at Ralph Wilson Stadium as the Buffalo Sabres and Pittsburg Penguins take to the rink. More than 71 thousand people witness the first NHL game played outdoors in the U.S.

Sabres fans start arriving early in the morning. Within a few hours, the parking lots are full...chants of "Let's Go Buffalo!" are heard everywhere.
"Are Sabres fans used to tailgating? Yeah. Cuz a lot of them actually have Bills season tickets," said Bob Peterson of Hamburg.

They're cooking up the necessities...and enjoying some pre-game entertainment. "This game is special. How many times is Buffalo going to have a deal like this? Said Jim Hodge of Hamburg.

Winter Classic merchandise sells fast as fans mark this historic game. "My mom and dad bought tickets for my sisters family and my family. There's all 11 of us here. It's a great event," said Robin Penberthy of East Amherst.

An event they have to stay warm for. Rebecca Baker of Akron is like most fans who dressed in layers. "Leg warmers, blankets, snow pants."

Fire pits are popular. Propane heaters too. Adam Poole of Buffalo is using propane to keep warm. "It's working good," When asked if he wished he could take it inside...Pool said, "Yeah, we might need it."

Like the famous line from former Bills coach Marv Levy...George Mayfield from Tonawanda said there's no place he'd rather be. "Nowhere but here right now!"

A steady, moderate snow falls as the first puck drops and continues off and on for the next several hours. It's a hockey game like no other. It comes down to a shootout....and despite the 2-to-1 loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins, Sabres fans are thrilled. "I loved it. The snow. The best part about it was just watching the guys out there in the open. It was pretty fun," said Nick Goff of Cheektowaga. His girlfriend Amy Bowen agreed "It was really great. I loved the Sabres ever since I was little."

Fans like Toby Frederick of Snyder are quick to point out the Sabres don't walk away empty handed. "It was a great game. Great atmosphere. Really enjoyed it. You know what? We got a point out of it."

"It was an awesome time. It was cold. But we had a good time," said Kevin Scheuer of Lackawanna.

Some minor problems after the game.. A dumpster fire means the Windom Fire Department has to maneuver the crowd and security guards give the boot to a guy selling unauthorized t-shirts.

This is a day Sabres and Penguins fans will never forget...something they hope to see again. "I think it'd be great. Maybe rotate Buffalo one year, Pittsburgh the next," said Matthew Kincak of Pittsburgh. Lee Kline of Kenmore likes that idea. "Like the football games at Thanksgiving. They should do this for New Year's for hockey."
Back to top Go down

i live about 20 min. from here. the traffic was bbbbaaaddddd
Page 1 of 1